What is Natural Horsemanship?
Horsemanship is the way the human interacts with the horse. It is natural because it makes common sense and considers the horse’s point of view. It means everything, and if it is right, everything else will be too! Regardless of the dream or discipline, whether it may be cutting, reining, dressage, ranch roping, jumping, or racing, the common denominator is always the horse. If you understand what is important to them, have the ability to read each as an individual and know the how, why, and when of responding, the possibilities for what horse and human can achieve in a partnership are endless. everywhs’s clinics are based on these principles and are the study of the Stages Program 1-10, which is compatible with the information taught in the Parelli program.
- It is a system that teaches you to become so good with horses, that even horses will think you’re brilliant.
- It works through an understanding of the laws of nature.
- It is communication through understanding and psychology rather than force, fear and intimidation.
- It considers the horse’s point of view.
- It means no need for artificial aids or restraint.
- It teaches you to be ‘natural’ with horses.
- It teaches you to think like a horse before you think like a human.